This module for Joomla 1.5 + 1.6 can display images from your Joomla! articles as a slideshow, with a caption taken from the text, and a link to the articles. A great way to enliven your news articles.
This module can display images from your Joomla! articles, with a caption taken from the text, and a link to the articles. It has some really handy features:
The module includes image handling functions. The images can be dynamically resized, with image caching and image compression supported for improved performance.
- The module is smart, it can find articles with images automatically. You can just select a category, and it will find the articles and the images in them, without you needing to add anything to the articles themselves;
- articles without images will not be displayed;
- You can choose the number of articles, plus from a variety of orderings, including title order, most recently modified or created, number of hits, or random;
- Alternatively, you can select specific articles only to display;
- The size of the slide image and thumbnails is fully customizable through the module parameters, so the module can work as a large central display, or a small feature;
- There is a large range of customizable features, including whether or not to display the thumbnails, the orientation of the thumbnails (horizontal or vertical), the type of scroller used (click or mouseover), plus whether to auto-start the show on page loading;
- The module is search engine friendly, because the article caption content and the links are rendered on the page as ordinary html, the slideshow being constructed from this content, hence Google will have no problem crawling the article links.
- You can choose the amount of text to display in the caption;
- You can have as many instances of the module on the page as you want, with separate parameters for each.